About our chamber
The Deer Island Chamber of Commerce welcomes both business and individual membership from people who care about our community.
We work to promote and improve trade and tourism and civic, economic, and social welfare on Deer Island.
The chamber is governed by a board of Directors, which includes a president, vice president, secretary, treasurer and directors at large.
Why join the chamber?
- The Chamber is designed to support your business or service.
- The Chamber serves its members and the public, including welcoming tourists and new members to the community.
- The Chamber informs the community about business and other relevant information.
- The Chamber identifies public issues, but avoids purely partisan political ones.
- The Chamber is often the mediator in disputes.
- The Chamber helps create job opportunities through the stimulation of industrial and commercial growth.
- The Chamber encourages the improvement of community facilities and the development of human resources.
- The Chamber has the honor of presenting awards, acknowledging new business development, and introducing dignitaries to the community.
- The Chamber creates a legislative climate in which businesses can profit and increase employment, broadening the tax base.
- The Chamber is the local fundraiser, event planner, and business promoter.
Modern Chambers of Commerce provide members with significant promotional services and tools to help local businesses. These are especially valuable for home-based businesses.
Deer Island has been a summer getaway for generations. Tourism is one of its natural industries the chamber promotes. Attracting tourists and sustainable new business to the island helps the community by improving the quality of life, creating jobs and increasing tax revenue.
Show support for the island and join the Chamber of Commerce.
Print and fill out this MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION. Send it with your membership payment to:
950 ROUTE 772 FAIRHAVEN, NB E5V 1P5
or you can email your application and payment to email@example.com.
Membership fees are payable by cash, cheque (made out to DEER ISLAND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE) or money order.
To download a copy of the Deer Island Chamber of Commerce Bylaws, please click here.